1. On a craft mat spray Walnut Ink in Java. Place a stencil with arrows on the journal page and sponge with Java ink. Set aside to dry.
2. On the craft mat apply StazOn Studio Glaze Orange Zest, irRESISTible Teal Zeal and yellow acrylic paint and dilute with water. Then apply the diluted colors as indicated in the layout. Let dry. Apply another layer of color over the journal page. This technique will create various hues of a color.
3. Ink a script stamp with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and randomly stamp the background. Draw four various size circles with the largest circle in the upper right hand corner. Apply irRESTible Morocco ink to the craft mat and dilute with water. Apply the diluted mixture to the inside of the circles (right side). Apply yellow and white acrylic paint to the craft mat and dilute with water. Apply the diluted yellow acrylic paint to the inside circles (left side). While the paint is wet, apply the white acrylic paint to the center of the circles. You should notice a blended appearance. Let dry.
4. Apply white acrylic paint to a craft mat. Using a paint brush apply the paint to the top side of the bubble wrap. Stamp on the background in random places as indicated in the photo above.
5. Draw around the largest circle with the irRESISTible Tuxedo Black Pico Embellisher and spritz with water (drips). Let dry. Apply the irRESISTible Tuxedo Black Pico Embellisher ink to the other circles and blend with a wet finger. This will give the smaller circles a smudged look. Let dry.
6. Apply Stazon Studio Glaze Citrus Orange to the craft mat. Make hash marks on the journal page by dragging the edge of an old gift card through the Stazon Studio Glaze. Let dry.
7. Diecut a butterfly in black cardstock and mount the back of the diecut with white cardstock. Color the center of the butterfly with a mixture of irRESISTible Morocco Pico Embellisher and water. With the left over diluted irRESISTible Morocco Pico Embellisher mixture add a touch of Teal Zeal and mix together. Apply this mixture to the outside edges of the butterfly wings. Apply clear glitter brush to the surface of the butterfly. Mount the body of the butterfly to the left side of the largest circle. Note: The wings will not be glued down. Apply glitter brush to the butterfly.
8. Apply the rub-ons [numbers/ruler] to the background as indicated in the above photo. Then shade the edges of the journal page with the Big Pitt pen in black.
Directions with photos available on Imagine Crafts blog here.
Time: 1 hour + dry time.Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko:StazOn Studio Glaze: Orange Zest
irRESISTible Pico Embellisher: Morocco, Teal Zeal, Tuxedo Black
Memento Ink Pad: Rich Cocoa
Walnut Ink Spray: Java
Other: Other: 7Gypsies Steampunk Collection Rub Ons – Numbers, Black Big Brush Pitt pen, KaiserKraft – Script stamp, Stampin Up Butterflies Thinlits Die, Arrow Stencil, Wink of Stella Clear and Recollection Script stamp. Miscellaneous: Paint brush, craft mat, water, heat tool, yellow & white acrylic paint, old gift card, bubble wrap, sponge brush.